Makeover simply means changing your looks, style or outer appearance. This is when one transform oneself according to one's desired look which often leads to positive outcome or perhaps to simply attain ones goals. The positive outcome or the goals could be;
to increase ones confidence, to spoil yourself after a horrid break up or to impress 'Mr. Right' on your first date or perhaps you just feel bored with your look and want to try something new.
Makeover is and has been part of my life since puberty and I am assuming that it is the same for most women out there. Often, I forget what kinds of simple and DIY makeover I can do to change my look. The reason why I forget is because I am too consumed by my insecurities such as not having long, thick eye lashes or not having Megan Fox's nose.
So how do we give ourselves a makeover? Perhaps going to the salon and book a pro hair dresser to change our hairstyle? Perhaps hiring a stylist to update our fashion sense? A few of you will probably opt for cosmetic surgery? Most of you have probably gone to the dentist to get your teeth whitened and the list goes on. Yes I know not everyone can afford this kind of luxury makeovers, this is why I have decided to share my very own simplified, do-it-yourself list of makeovers. YES ladies and gentlemen no more excuses! Even if you are on a tight budget you can still do a makeover, make changes, transform yourself, improve yourself, look better, feel better and yes you are worth it!
Finally, here is my very own simplified list of makeover. Personally, whenever I feel super insecure or bored of my looks then I will look back on this list and remind myself that makeover is always there to lend a helping hand.
- Learn how to apply make up properly, if you want me to dedicate an entire blog on make up tutorial then like my Facebook page!
- Shape your own eyebrows by plucking, threading, tinting OR if it makes you happy to shave it off and tattoo an eyebrow then what the hell do it!
- Style and cut your hair, it could be a dramatic change from long hair to short hair, straight, curly OR just a fringe.
- Get a tan, if you're on holiday then enjoy the sun but make sure you use sun block. Perhaps going to the salon and getting it professionally done is better but if you're on a budget then perhaps you can purchase a tanning product so you can tan yourself at home. Make sure you follow tanning instructions properly to achieve a natural tan.
- Do your nails, change nail color, cut it and paint it!
- Wear geo circle lenses, get that dolly look, natural look or whatever your heart desires!
- Switch to a different colour lipstick or lip gloss
- Lose weight and avoid unhealthy fatty food. Easy! Buy less food which means you eat less. Therefore, not only are you more likely to lose weight but you also save money. Yayy!! Ookkaay maybe NOT, perhaps losing weight and maintaining it might be a struggle but the questions is-- how badly do you really want to lose weight? Please leave comments if there is any diet you would like me to try. Ofcourse, I will document, blog about it and share it to my readers.
- Be fit and exercise.
- Color your hair and go wild if you want, after all it is a makeover!
- Go shopping and update wardrobe or create your own clothes
- Wear fake eyelashes!
Please bear in mind that my very own list are only for those who are looking to achieve mild changes. In extreme cases, some people would rather opt for cosmetic surgery OR change themselves dramatically by opting for contrasting looks such as from dark hair to bleach blonde hair. Obviously, there are PROS and CONS for this kind of look but hey I live my own life and people are entitled to live their own lives as long as it doesn't affect anyone. I suppose if one wants an extreme makeover to make themselves and their lives better then go for it! Hey if I had the budget I will probably do the same thing! Here is a photo sample of Xiaxue before and after her extreme makeover.
Shocking makeover huh?? Some of you have probably seen better makeover, if you have then please share in the comment section! Until next time!
Show some love by liking my Facebook page!